Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children's designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please note that these programs are best viewed using IE 9 or the newest version of either Firefox or Google Chrome.
The following speakers, planners or anyone who controls the content of the activity have disclosed that they have no financial relationships with commercial interests:
Michael E. McConnell, M.D. and Jennifer King
The following planner who has control of the content has disclosed an affiliation or financial interest:
Julius Sherwinter, M.D.- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.- receives honorarium
Instructions for Participation and Credit
This activity is designed to be completed within the time designated on the title page; physicians should claim only those credits that reflect the time actually spent in the activity. To successfully earn credit, participants must complete the activity online during the valid credit period that is noted on the title page. To receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, you must receive a minimum score of 80% on the post-test.
Follow these steps to earn CME/CE credit*
• Read the learning objectives and author disclosures.
• Obtain a copy of Pediatric Heart Sounds. Copies of this book are available in the Medical Libraries at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. You also may purchase the book through Amazon.com [Purchase Pediatric Heart Sounds].
• Read the book with the accompanying CD-ROM that includes heart sounds recorded from patients with specific cardiac abnormalities.
• Once you have completed the book, return to this website to take the online quiz to complete your self assessment. To receive a certificate, you must receive a passing score as designated at the top of the test. We encourage you to complete the Activity Evaluation to provide feedback for future programming.
*The credit that you receive is based on your user profile. To ensure access to the correct credit certificate, the correct credit reporting organization must be designated. To add a credit reporting organization, select "My Account" in the left hand navigation bar. Under the "Account Preferences" section, click on the link to "Add or Edit Credit Reporting Organizations". Then simply select the credit reporting organization that corresponds to the certificate needed. Please note that this program may not offer credit for all credit reporting organizations listed and an attendance certificate is available to those who do not require credit.
This activity is intended for pediatricians, family practitioners, other primary care physicians and allied health professionals involved in the care of the child with congenital or acquired heart defects.
Children's owns the copyright for, or has received permissions for use of, materials within this CME activity.
Estimated time to complete activity: 2.5 hours
For questions related to this activity please email email@example.com.
November 07, 2013
November 07, 2015 12:00 AM
- Determine pathologic versus functional murmurs.
- Identify abnormalities of precordial activity.
- Describe how to critically listen to the first and second heart sounds.
- Demonstrate an organized system for auscultation.