Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children's designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following speakers, planners or anyone who controls the content of the activity have disclosed that they have no financial relationships with commercial interests:
Robert Campbell, M.D.
Matthew Oster, M.D.
The following planner who has control of the content has disclosed an affiliation or financial interest: Julius Sherwinter, M.D.- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.- receives honorarium
Instructions for Participation and Credit
This activity is designed to be completed within the time designated on the title page; physicians should claim only those credits that reflect the time actually spent in the activity. To successfully earn credit, participants must complete the activity online during the valid credit period that is noted on the title page. To receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, you must receive a minimum score of 80% on the post-test.
Follow these steps to earn CME/CE credit*
• Read the learning objectives and author disclosures.
• Study the educational content online or printed out.
• Online, choose the best answer to each test question. To receive a certificate, you must receive a passing score as designated at the top of the test. We encourage you to complete the Activity Evaluation to provide feedback for future programming.
*The credit that you receive is based on your user profile. To ensure access to the correct credit certificate, the correct credit reporting organization must be designated. To add a credit reporting organization, select "My Account" in the left hand navigation bar. Under the "Account Preferences" section, click on the link to "Add or Edit Credit Reporting Organizations". Then simply select the credit reporting organization that corresponds to the certificate needed. Please note that this program may not offer credit for all credit reporting organizations listed and an attendance certificate is available to those who do not require credit.
Pediatricians, Advanced Practice Providers, Clinical Staff caring for newborns
Children's owns the copyright for, or has received permissions for use of, materials within this CME activity.
Estimated time to complete activity: 1 hour
For questions related to this activity please email email@example.com.
April 28, 2014
June 20, 2019 12:00 AM
- Describe what conditions are screened for in the new programs for screening for critical congenital heart disease.
- Recall the background of screening for critical congenital heart disease.
- Describe the limitations of screening and how to recognize cases potentially missed via screening.